View Single Post
      07-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #8360
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Another wonderful day at Summit Point! I can't believe the difference these tires have made (going from Kumho Ecsta PS31 to Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, and upsizing from 225's to 245's), it just grips and goes, and it's wonderful. I was among the faster cars out there, and was FINALLY able to hold off (until I goofed-up a turn) my dad, and passed a 911, a ZL1, a few Miatas, and a Mustang or two.

I must say, the amount of skid pad time I was able to get in this weekend was a huge help and really helped me feel out how the car was behaving in the corners, and helped me refine my line to suit my car. I'm also finding that the car is VERY balanced (especially compared to stock, which was an understeering mess of a coupe), and has some really good tendencies. It absorbs mid-corner bumps excellently, has strong turn-in and fantastic grip throughout the corner, has enough torque to pull you out of slow corners (even in 3rd, going about 20mph), and it just feels right to me; I'm really falling in love with the chassis, and how the car behaves now (the tires changed a lot), and I'm really interested to see how this soon-to-be-installed (THIS WEEK!!! ) LSD is going to tie it together...

I'm in love. Again.

BTW, Shenandoah is an awesome track, and this was BY FAR the most fun I've ever had at a track weekend...

EDIT: This week, I'll be finishing up this LSD business and installing that gorgeous 100lb paperweight, and I'll get the oil changed since I broke 175k miles today... This thing just keeps trucking, and it hasn't ever skipped a beat.
Gangplank1541.50
Esteban43818.50
low1352213.00
Fakemike369.50
1and11858.00
minirips2206.50