View Single Post
      06-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #90
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135MDCT View Post
All magazines sole purpose is to sell a product, you can wash it all you want.

False

Did you say this? M3 and 135 are over weight. M6 is too, how does that one handle on the track? Any one who sais M3 is not over weight or that it doesn't feel like its over weight or what ever spin they put on it, is selling an M3!!!

Most new cars today are over weight. This is bad for performance and mpg.

I thought forums are for enthusiasts, not enthusiast posers
Um...this thread is about the spy shots of the new M car.
You're discussing car weight and magazine articles. I recall you suggesting to me to stick to the thread topic, or take create a new thread. You want to take your own advice now?

You seem to be a smug little know-it-not.
If you're such the master enthusiast, then why did you get that over weight 135i DCT? That's a rhetorical comment btw.

There are plenty of options for people like you who always harp on the weight issue. It's called a good set of tools, and effort to remove as much weight as you think is proper.

Cars sold in the US market have to have an ever increasing level of safety and emissions standards, which directly translates to more weight that has to be there. You can go ahead and remove the airbags, cat-cons, rear seat belt assemblies, and any other item you think makes your car too heavy, it's your choice.

The magazine issue has been discussed ad nauseam.
I've counted ads versus articles in various auto mags, and the "only there to sell cars" argument doesn't hold water.
When BMW's are reviewed there are plenty of articles that point out the bad and the good. BMW tends to build cars that driving enthusiasts like to drive, and since car mags are written by and for enthusiasts then it stands to reason why BMW's are often written about in a positive light.
Of course, you're entitled to you own beliefs sans proof.
Appreciate 0