View Single Post
      08-31-2018, 07:19 AM   #23
crowtrobot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by durpflip View Post
i don't rub in the rear, no. however it seems strange that you'd have strut clearance issues in the front. well, at least i don't have any strut issues in the front (only huge rubbing issues). are you running an 8" wheel or an 8.5"?

cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
That's a cool setup. You are rubbing because the RT615K is a sports tire with very square sidewalls. If you get an alignment with a little bit more negative camber on the rear the rubbing is likely to be gone. Otherwise simply remove the 5mm rear spacer and it would be rub free..

For the front you may need some type of front camber plates for those tires with ET40 front offset. Otherwise if you hit the track and drive the car with full opposite lock, I guess the front tire will touch the fender.
Thanks for the input guys.

The wheels are 18x8.5 ET45 APEX EC7s. I have Koni yellows, Dinan camber plates, and M3 control arms (-2.0* of camber overall). The strut clearance in front already seemed marginal, even with the stock 262s (17x7 ET47) - my last track day I saw the inside of my drivers tire chewed up a bit from the strut perch.

Front fender clearance looks good at the top for now, it looks a little tight in the front, but I'll hopefully have some time this weekend to put the car up and check things.
Appreciate 1
smeard136.00