View Single Post
      04-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #74
Nice1
Captain
Rep
Drives: e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by john970 View Post
I just did some searching to find that coin placement thing, and found something even more obscene. This paragraph is describing a very expensive piece of wood you put in various locations to make audio components and speakers sound better, and details the types of wood and secret ingredients that make them sound different:

[FONT='Trebuchet MS',Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif]Basically, C16 is a 3x3x2inches wooden block consisted of 16 different species of timber including "Good Sounding" wood commonly known by audiophiles such as Beech, Maple, Oak, Cherry, etc; and some not-so-common species such as Teak and Hinoki, etc; plus some very rare and expensive lumber including Wengi and Genuine Rosewood, etc. I wish I could list all the 16 names but Mr. K refused to announce them all. C16 was also inserted with a small quantity of a very rare particle that is, proclaimed by MR. K, the "secret weapon" and "The Soul". Again he refused to disclose what it is. The surface of C16 was sealed with special micro-seal coating (which, in fact, I couldn't feel any at all).

[/FONT]
Here is the link: http://www.1388.com/html/c16_tmf.html

The picture is the experts listening room with the wooden blocks all over. Need I say more??
john970, don't tell me it's not true!!! and i thought gray poplar was the key to an optimal 1er listening environment!!
Appreciate 0