06-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Wife rides passenger. 5'4"

Also looking at the utility of one of these "convertible" car seats like the Maxi Cosi Magellan (https://www.maxicosi.com/us-en/car-s...tible-car-seat), vs the more traditional clip in clip out car seats meant to pair with strollers. Not sure which would be easier, moving an infant in and out, or the whole seat. The utility of the convertible seat is undeniable being able to switch it and not having to purchase 3 different car seats as they grow.
I have something similar in my 1 right now. But it's not oriented to face rearward. My daughter is 3 now. When she was an infant we did all of the transporting around in the wife's RDX.

I think we started off using the traditional clip in and out car seats. We eventually moved to a different one. Can't remember the brand that's being used in the wife's car which is still being used now that she's 3.

The issue you might run into depending on the type of car seat is the passenger seating position. Since your wife is only 5'4", this may work. There's really not that much room to play with when a car seat is installed in our cars. Because the trick is you'll want to have some sort of incline to the car seat to prevent your child from having his/her head flopping around. With the car seat I have now even with it facing forward, I have to move the passenger seat pretty far forward with my 3 year in the car seat. I do this to one give her enough leg room and two to minimize her from kicking and dragging her shoes on the back of the passenger seat. Although, she still manages to do it.
Appreciate 1
ShocknAwe3232.50