08-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #57
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoPsam View Post
VTL, your thread was a huge help with my B12/Dinan camber plate install -- thanks!

I was able to hit -2.2 camber up front with just the plates and stock control arms.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to echo what other posters have mentioned: the B12's Eibach Pro-Kit springs are too low.

It's been about a month and springs have settled, and while I don't have issues rubbing yet, the appearance is simply too low for my taste. I installed the Dinan camber plates up front, and without that extra 5mm I'd be even more unhappy. I also think the lowered height would look extra silly on stock wheels. I don't find the ride to be harsh, so at least there's that.

I'm thinking about going back to stock M-Sport springs, though I'd be losing about 28 ft/lbs in front and 100 ft/lbs of spring in the rear by going back to the 2012+ (rear) progressive spring. Anyone done this with the Bilstein B8 struts/shocks?
Good to hear you were able to install with no issues. On the ride height comment, it's subject of course, I don't find it too low but I do agree the front would be too low without the Dinan camber plates. I find I have almost a 2 finger gap in the rear, and about the same/slightly less in the front which to me is perfect. My suspension is now almost 100K kms old and hasn't sagged or gotten lower.

As for alternates, people have run the M-sport springs with both B8 & B6, as well as the BMW Performance springs. Those are about 10mm lower than M-sport and about 5mm higher than the B12 Eibachs. So maybe those would be a good fit for you if you find it too low.

As for your stock wheels comment - one thing that makes it "look" better is a spacer, if you are running stock tire sizes a 10mm spacer front and rear (you can probably get away with a 15mm front because of your camber) will help "fill out" the wheel arches and make the car look less "dumped" ..... I will post a pic of my exact setup and you'll see it's certainly not slammed!
Appreciate 0