View Single Post
      10-01-2018, 07:49 PM   #3
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

For about two weeks I didn't have a garage door opener, so it was pretty cool manually opening and closing the garage door. Eventually I had to put one in, so I went with the Liftmaster. Not only is it quieter, but the opener is side mounted, so now I am able to utilize the entire ceiling! No more center mounted garage door opener to protrude the view!

My cousin's boyfriend installs garages, so him and I were able to crank this out. It truly is a simple job, you just need to know what equipment you are working with. I didn't know squat about garages even after watching youtube install videos I was still
Fortunately I had the "phone a friend" lifeline.

After my wedding, my uncle from Greece installed the hot/cold spigot in the garage.

It was a nice memory watching my father and his brother working together like they used to before my father left for America. Really gave me the feels as I was watching them.
The next day I washed the BMW. Having the spigot in the garage is a game changer for me! No more walking off to the side, unraveling the hose, running back and forth to open/close the water. The whole process was so simple, I highly suggest you all install a similar setup in your garages. Material costs were only $80.

Today, my dad and I cranked out the first pass applying stucko to all the lines and holes in the dry wall.

Tomorrow, we will do some initial sanding and reapply the second coat.