View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #58
Jeb_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

I'm in the process of doing this swap as well. However, I'm having some issues with the r270 programmer.

Everything installed fine but when I went to read the 080D0WQ EEPROM, after giving it 5 minutes it was still waiting for a response from the EEPROM (Beeping every second or so and the LED not lighting up.) I thought maybe I had the EEPROM in the programmer connector backwards so I stopped the read and closed everything out to re-orient the chip. When powering backup the programmer immediately started beeping again (It does not stop as long as the programmer is getting 12V!). Now when I try to read the EEPROM it says "check wire" in the dialog box and never progresses further. All connections look good and the programmer is showing up in the device manager. I tried putting the EEPROM in the original orientation I had it but still get the "check wire" message. When I click to stop the read I get an error message saying "internal error retrieving device control block for the port" and it won't stop the read process so I have to close the application in the task manager.

Obviously something is messed up, but I'm not sure if it's the programmer or the EEPROM at this point. I haven't been able to turn up anything on what the beeping from the programmer indicates. Can anyone shed some light on whether the programmer is supposed to beep during normal operation and if the LED is supposed to be illuminated?

In the mean time I guess I'll order some new EEPROMs.
Appreciate 0