arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
is there a way to figure out which one of the 220 sold my 1M is?
Check this thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544689

You should be able to figure it out based on your VIN #

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
just wondering - is getting them 3d printed cheaper than getting them milled?
I'm looking into CNC Milling as well. I have a feeling it may be a bit more pricey but I'm a perfectionist so I'm looking to make it as close to that render in the first post as possible. If you're going to pay good money, you want the best for your car.

There's a couple of companies in the US that I have to contact for CNC milling and see what they say. Will post here what feedback I get

Quote:
Originally Posted by smq42 View Post
Great idea. If it is relatively discreet and attached w double sided tape, I'd be interested.

Thanks for doing this.
Yep, I mentioned in an earlier post that you can use fugitive glue, glue dots or even light double-sided tape would work. Once this plaque is ready to go I'll include some with it for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I'm definitely in. Option 3.

Although I would prefer a combo of 1 and 3... I actually like the full name that BMW gave the car... I originally thought it was a bit awkward but it's grown on me...
Good combo, forgot that one, but that's what the custom option is for It's nice to see a lot of people interested in this. There's still a lot of work to do but I'm on top of it.

I'll update the first post with everyone that's interested and whenever I manage to finalize this plaque, I'll get in touch with each of you on how you want it, or you can just post here.

Last edited by arvinz; 08-28-2014 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0