United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff View Post
Very nice.

The F80 is definitely BIG compared to an E90. It's really the size of a E series 5 series. I really enjoy it though (auto engineer so I end up in a lot of vehicles for various reasons).

Did you end up with the competition package or the regular M3? And how do you like the rev matching? I think it's a great around the town feature for sure.
Thanks all. Much appreciated.

This is a Comp Pack M3...can't say from experience how it compares to a "base" M3, but those on the F80 forum who have had both make it sound like the Comp Pack is a game changer in some regards. With the ZCP and factory/port installed M performance exhaust, it has some nice character to it. I was most skeptical with steering, but while it may not have the attributes of the hydraulic unit we enjoy, it's not as "bad" as the media has made it seem. The rev match in sport mode takes a little getting used to. It's not as well executed as the Porsche Spyder...that comes off as almost natural in sound and drivetrain effect. But the nice thing is it is only in Sport mode (sounds like the M2 has it unless you go full on sport mode and defeat the nannies) ...Comfort and Sport Plus modes don't have it active, so you have some choices. Now I just need to delete the fake sound....