csween86
DSC OFF
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, N55, 6MT, MPK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
I think it looks nice, just wish I could convince myself there is some performance benefit.
It looks nice, and sounds even better... I trust it gives gains, but they are too small to notice during daily driving (bought it for sound anyway)... Look on eBay. I found a guy selling his new & unopened for $196, free shipping, no tax. Not a crazy savings, but about $20 for me compared to the BMS site, and so easy/quick to install.

Driving hard in the city at lower speeds you can really hear the air gushing in and the whistle of the turbo as it spools up, and the release off pressure when you let off the gas sounds so nice! On the highway it's really not obnoxious, but the whistle is more noticeable, and I like that considering I rarely ever heard my turbo during highway driving before installing this intake. I purposely accelerate hard real quick for no reason and suddenly let off the gas just to hear it.

I'm glad I bought the BMS Intake. It's worth it for the sound alone. Every video I ever watched online, I couldn't really tell a big difference in the sound, but I trusted people's reviews/comments, and they weren't lying... In person, while driving hard (especially in the city w/ the windows down), it sounds amazing... That is of course if you truly love the sound of a turbo.
Appreciate 0