View Single Post
      10-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #34
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I find it humorous that Somehow the FORUM moderators don't know their own forum works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It's happened to me .. so you will need to set your counter to ( at least ) one ..
1. I was no moderator back in the day when IEDEI got warnings and bans, so I don't know the details of all that happened. You know that, so please do not rewrite the past. The 'powers that be' = anyone who has the capacity to hand out a warning/infraction or a ban to a forum fellow.

2. As Law righteously pointed out, moderators try to address questionable situations (which were brought to their attention or which they noticed themselves) with common sense, impartiality and fairness in the light of the house rules. Facts of life: choices are inevitable, nobody's perfect and one cannot please everyone. Many forum fellows = many personalities, each with their personal ways of expressing their views. Mutual respect is key to keeping this forum a good place. Otherwise the atmosphere within the community could rapidly turn toxic.

3. There is some indulgence/leniency regarding freedom of speech on this forum. Discussions may be intense, but there are limits which most people experience as a line that should not be crossed (for example a racist comment is outright unacceptable: zero tolerance). Allow me to let you in on a secret: it already happened that some forum fellow 'suggested' to moderators to ban you, further to comments that you had made. So far the suggestions were dismissed: being a tad grumpy or abrasive so now and then, ain't necessary being a 'nuisance'. Through your comments I always experienced you as an OK guy. But, hey, don't push it now that you know that.
Dackelone10588.50