View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #170
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Yes DBC and a few other things (eDiff) are active all the time unless you program them out or pull the ABS/DSC fuse. The car CANNOT control the brakes with the fuse pulled PERIOD. Physically impossible. So that makes me doubt almost all of your opinion. It's highly likely that with the DSC fuse pulled, the DME is still capable of cutting power for traction control. But since you've pulled the DSC fuse, you can't turn off traction control with the button anymore so it's stuck on engine TC only.

I coded +SPBR (performance brakes) in the VO, brake fade compensation OFF, and engine power cut to prevent brake fade OFF yesterday. I didn't recalibrate anything yet. I haven't driven it today though. I figured it would throw an error if it really needed it. Couldn't hurt TBH and it's an easy procedure AFAIK.

I've got a track day beginning of October. I'm considering disabling the emergency brake feature as well but I don't even think I got it to enable in Autocross. It only comes on when you REALLY stab the brakes so it really shouldn't activate on a track since you should be somewhat smooth. You shouldn't be completely stomping the brakes anywhere IMO. I've felt it activate in my E46 and my E82 on the street once each (oops) so I know what it feels like. If it's a problem, then I'll code it out. I'll bring my laptop to the track haha.

FWIW I have the same module as you (C0F). July 2013 build.
I can't speak for your experience but on my 2007 n54 have yielded the results I've posted. The later the model the more sophisticated the integrated system becomes. Pulling the fuse didnt do much for me. When i disconnected the dsc/abs module I still had intervention. Cornering and straight line. When I corner theres a reduction in power and when the wheel straightens out there's a sudden increase in acceleration and power.

According to a BMW foreman and Indy shop owner, our cars will still limit power in certain conditions and no easy way to turn all safeties off since the US mandated better controls some years ago. We can still get in trouble with these cars. Just not as easy as before. They also informed me that just disconnecting the dsc module isn't enough. They claim the dme still has access to the steering angle sensor and speed sensors. Moreover, when certain things get disconnected, other programmed fail safe activates to limit the cars full potential.

Im not saying im 100% on this stuff by any means and its hard to really know what exactlyi s going on. I've questioned this many times. I even thought maybe my car has a communication issue somewhere at times because of how aggressive the system controls my car. No mechanic ever finds and issue with my car. The car seems to adapt to surface and slip conditions and applies power accordingly.
Appreciate 0