View Single Post
      12-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #18
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

So here's my bushing question: how do inserts rank in stiffness next to a replacement bushing?

So lets say you added Powerflex Black Race inserts to your stock bushings. How much softer is that then 2-piece Yellow street full poly bushings? There's still a lot of rubber in the stock bushings so I'm not sure how much difference a black insert makes over a yellow insert and how that compares to a replacement 2-piece bushing.

Is a stock bushing with a yellow street insert going to be stiffer than an M3 bushing?

I'm reevaluating my options. The inserts are cheap enough that I may try the black race inserts with the stock bushings. If I don't like them, I can always replace the full bushing later. For the other bushings, I think I prefer to go with the M3, especially the differential bushings.
Official BMWP Whore - BMWP suspension kit w/ M3 arms, BMWP big brake kit, BMWP intake w/Mishimoto tube, BMWP exhaust, BMWP carbon strut brace, BMWP short shifter, and BMWP carbon spoiler. OZ Leggera HLT w/ 245 square setup.

Appreciate 0