I'm kind of a big deal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixracer View Post
The hard parts, 3 stage IM and headers you can do with a bit of mechanical skill. The tune you can do yourself with the programming units that AA sells. It comes down to getting the IM for cheap/used or if you want to spend the cash for new. Used IMs are about $500 +/-used, ecs or turner sells new kits of $1300 ish. There were diys out there. As far the tune you can pay the cash for the handheld and use it for codes afterward.
What handheld equipment do you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markslc1 View Post
From my search for an IM, I found this....
it's not difficult to get the right part, when I sourced the intake manifold through car-parts, I went through by filtering for 2006 and up X3, X5, 330, Z4, etc for the manifold, then when I actually start calling the dealers to order it, I asked them to give me the OEM intake manifold part number, if it matches 11617559523 then you got her!

I think I spent 3 weeks watching car-parts.com until I found one from an 2011 x5. Just be sure the part# matches and you are good. install instructions can be found in various places. The best being
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...=455180&page=7

good luck. It makes the 128 haul ass!

So you guys are talking about just using an IM from an upper tier model and throwing it in the 1 series? Would that perform as well as buying a new stage 3 IM?
Appreciate 0