Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarkfr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcarbon92 View Post
I've heard of people saying this but i also think i saw someone say they tried this and their engine revved up to 7k lol so i think it will be safer to unplug the fuse or injectors. i'm tuned with mhd so it would be cool if they made a feature to prime the oil system
I'm in exactly the same situation (not sure about the baking soda, but everything else is the same), and was debating buying and MHD. If they had that option (injector duty cycle 0), I'd buy one in a second. Always hate starting my summer cars the first time of the year, first time with the 135, but have had the worry starting my 96 Miata for the last 7 years, until I swapped it with the 135 last summer.
I'm hoping that using high quality oil will be another thing that helps the long storage periods, changed just before storage.
Baking soda just to prevent any odours and remove a bit of moisture from the air. I changed the oil with liquimoly 5w-40 hightech before the storage and took it for a little drive before she went away so hopefully it coated things nicely. Saw something on youtube that you can disconnect a certain thing on the battery and it will shut of injectors supposedly.
Appreciate 0