05-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #19
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
A little easier and cheaper. Yes tilting passenger mirror will come with the coding of VO $313 folding mirrors. As mentioned in the overview, I'm not a 100% sure if the tilting passenger mirror will work without the new window lifter switch, as per the user manual you need to set it in a certain position for this to be active.

Sounds like you've been talking to someone who's not willing to admit they do not know how to do that and not willing to learn (dealers etc!?). For example I've looked into and it's probably possible to make even 3M's EDC work on the 1M Coupe, yet no-one that is in the business of making money of BMW owners would ever help you with that (neither will I, as i'm going with KW V3 DDC ;-).

Wrt the price of retrofitting, parts or kit prices can be surprisingly cheap and if you can do the labor and coding yourself, it is usually around or below the new vehicle option price. It will be far more expensive when you're replacing expensive original parts, like non-memory seats etc.
+1. Power folding and tilting has nothing to do with power/memory seats, they are just packed together. In a lot of places you can order and have a manual seat with mirror package. My car is one of them with manual seats, heated and also power lumbar support, plus mirror package which includes not only tilting and folding but also auto chrome inside and outside mirrors. So, everything is possible as long as you talk with the right people like eeghie mentioned before.
Appreciate 0