View Single Post
      05-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
Dirk Van Driver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: VO1MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Sorry you had to go through all that. The seat height issue has been around for some time. I tried explaining to everyone that the manual seats are over an inch lower. Mine has the manual seats and no issues. Most people ordered their 1Ms loaded with power seats and are not aware that the manual seats have more height travel. So another option is to use factory 1M manual seats which would not cause a warranty or safety issue. Thanks for the write up too.
Thanks for your comments, I got "caught out" with the electric seat additional height in a E46 330 Ci some years ago. Once again I couldn't get them low enough to make them comfortable. A salesman pointed out to me that all the motors, gears etc made the seat higher. As proof he sat me in a car without electric memory seats. Sure enough, I could get comfortable without a problem.

My 1M has manual seats as a result (as does my 335D Sport A daily driver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Just for the record, you can get the Performance Seats with heating. Plus, I guess it was Jezzer in his thread about the Performance Seat install warning everyone about installing them in "their lowest position" so maybe they are a bit lower than the standart seats? My car for instance is without power seat option (standart seats) and the seats are around 3 cm. lower than power seats but still not particularly low, I admit that, could be an issue for a taller guy.
Interesting, my BMW dealer told me that heating elements weren't available with the Recaro Performance seats. I questioned him as I was sure I'd read (on here ?) that they were.

Take a look at this image :

That seat is mounted veeeeery high ! Not sure how much the "lower setting" drops them by (Jezzer ?) but I'm not convinced they'll be anything like as low as the seat in my car still, but I'm willing to be corrected.
Appreciate 0