08-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Rear upper m3 arms hitting chassis

Has anyone run into this issue? I recently switched out my dinan rear shock mounts to akg black mounts to reduce the suspension travel in the rear. Initially it was to prevent the passenger rear tire from hitting the fuel filler neck.

After a few canyon runs the issue appeared to be fixed...until I started working on my rear brakes last weekend. Not only is the tire still hitting the fuel filler neck, but my rear m3 arms are hitting the chassis. Has anyone else run into this problem with rear m3 arms?

I have some suspension “packers “ (picture below) someone told me about in a different thread. I guess I need to insert one to reduce travel a little more and see how things are but I am really curious if anyone else has run into this and what you did to resolve it.

It’s possible this was occurring with the dinan mounts and I didn’t notice. However, after seeing the tire is still hitting the fuel filter neck, I am still suffering from too much suspension travel, so it’s possible the upper m3 arm contacting the chassis is still occurring with the akg mounts as well.

Rear suspension setup: m3 upper arms, m3 lower camber arm, m3 TC Kline DA rear shocks, 600lb TC springs, toe arms, white line rsfb.

Would love to hear other people’s experiences.
Attached Images

Last edited by houtan; 08-14-2019 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0