05-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbefar01 View Post
With all due respect . . "Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))"
EXACTLY!!! I called 2 BMW dealers last week to discuss adding some aftermarket goodies....BOTH mentioned that if the aftermarket part causes any issues with a OEM part than the OEM part in not covered....A aftermarket engine mod will not void any other part of the car except engine related failures proving what caused the part to fail will be up for evaluation with the dealer but rest assure if BMW detects a a aftermarket tune on the car and anything engine related like a Turbo goes you will not be covered...This is as it should be...I WISH it were different but for BMW to cover issues that could of been aftermarket mod related is not really fair....Even with the Dinan Tune of with there aftermarket engine parts hardware/software...after 50,000 miles you are out of warranty engine wise....there tune once downloaded is flaged forever...With JB you still have a chance to pull it out and possibly have coverage...I just PM a fellow member on this forum...and the bottom line is as i have heard over and over again the last 6 years that i have been moding...If you want to play you may have to pay....This is as it should be again!!!
Appreciate 0