View Single Post
      01-09-2019, 05:44 AM   #34
shia_is_my_spirit_animal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sparkling Graphite 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbie Blue View Post
Make sure the mic is plugged in fully. Mine was very stiff. See the photos near the bottom of Joying's help article:
https://www.joyingauto.com/blog/post...oid-head-unit/

A different mic probably won't work because Joying uses a 4 pole plug (Tip Ring Ring Sleeve) with the mic probably wired on the 2nd ring and sleeve, while a standard mic uses the tip and the sleeve with no rings on the plug.

I actually don't use the Bluetooth much because even with the external mic, callers still say they have trouble hearing me, especially with road noise.
Wonder why they used an odd 4-pole setup instead of a standard 2 or 3. Just to make things even more difficult when support is nearly non-existent anyway I guess.

I found a thread on xda-developers at some point about changing the bluetooth audio codec setting and it making a marked improvement. Can't find the thread again but I may play around with it when I have some time and see if I can make progress. Worst case scenario I can get a stand-alone bluetooth handsfree setup I suppose - everything else works pretty damn well.