View Single Post
      06-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #68
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote..Alufelgen
for the 18" group, we already have 18" wheels that fit like a glove on the 1 and there are also other options out there. For 19" the options are very limited. I was also a believer and loyalist of 18" for the 1-series until I saw the SF-71s on it. It looks incredible in person, adds a very aggressive stance and it matches the body very well. The ride is virtually the same as well. Give it a try and if you don't like it the worst thing would be that you have to sell them and you`ll probably sell them at the same price that you bought them at

I am still interested in the 19" as i alway's liked them on the M3 MUCH better than the 18"s....And 19" usually alway's look fantastic, and these SF71's are indeed very very nice...that is why my name is on the list...But my reservations are because.
1) I have never had a 19" rime before so....Everything i have read on handling that going 19" from a 18" generally results in the car not quite handling as well, and the ride is a tad harder...Also generally there is weight difference in rim and tire....possibly even being heavier than the stock OEM setup...especially if you are trying to bump the front tire size up to 235... 2
2) Any of us who have very little miles on our OEM tires are out of luck and have to dish out another $800-$1000 on new 19" tires...obviously NRFT...I will not put RFT back on this car. So in essence it double the outlay to put on new rims for me...which is a consideration for me as i ahd wanted to use the extra grand for a tune/and boost gauge....but will see.
3) The Alufelgen CSL does not look ANYWHERE as nice as the SF71's...but i am ahoping before this Group Buy is complete you have a defintie idea on offsets and how much differerent it may look than the pictures you have shown which are pretty aggressive....especially for those of us who DO NOT want rubbing, stretched tires, and prefer not to roll the fenders....I would just want to put these on and not worry about these issues...
Lastly, keep me on the list.....i am :
Appreciate 0