View Single Post
      06-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #58
arrutled
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Olsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135MDCT View Post
Did the same for my e34 front control arm bushings (urethane).

Can you put out a detail parts list of Version 6 Tool and beer selection to make it all go smooth, will save us a lot of time sourcing material. Any pics for front diy?

Are urethane bushings available?
1/2" threaded rod. any smaller and youll be snapping rods right and left. bunch of 1/2" couplings and nuts. some small 1/2" washers. Then I had some 5" washers with a 3/4" hole. The key was the 4" steel pipe coupling approx 4" tall too. you'll need two jacks. ones to hold up the subframe and one to help with bushing extract. Air tools would be nice to remove some parts of the subframe. beer selection was a delicious wachussets blueberry beer. the large steel washers (3/16" thick) are crucial or else youll be snapping whatever you use as a replacement. a ratcheting wrench is crucial if you expect to finish in one day, lol. in our case a 17mm ratcheting wrench was a lifesaver. good luck,

Andy

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0