10-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #44
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNS View Post
I did this drive today! HWY 191 in Eastern Arizona. I've been wanting to do this drive for about 20 years but it is a looong drive to get there (about 3-4 hours from Phoenix). I've always heard great things about this road and it did not disappoint.

A small coupe like the 1 series is perfect because the road is so tight in places, low end torque is a very good thing! Make no mistakes, almost no guard rails and the edge of the road has lots of shear drops! Very little traffic.

I put on about 600 miles today mostly just getting there and back (came through Eagar and Show Low on the return).
I was in Prescott back in the end of July this year taking a look at Embry-Riddle. It's a beautiful area, and the high desert weather is my favorite! Unfortunately, my dad and I were in a Kia Soul(less), not a particularly corner-carving-inclined car, if I do say so...