08-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #30
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by esuyengh View Post
Thanks! Didn't think about beam pattern, and was just focused on the re-coding issue. I'll have to find a LHD set then.

Are you running the rear blacklines? Know of any compatibility issues with the ones that are supposedly plug and play regardless of whether you run halogens or xenon up front?
I had my car imported and plated in England (originally us spec). The people that imported it had to change the headlights to UK spec and so I got the euro halogen headlights and euro light switch for the fogs. What I learned after and didn't know before is that that the euro lights have two adjustment screws (left / right and up /down) I believe the us spec ones only have up and down (correct me if I'm wrong anyone)

If you get euro spec ones there should be two adjustments screws on the top of the headlights so you can adjust the beam pattern to comply with us beam pattern. I believe left headlamp is angled slightly down and right one slightly higher. (Opposite from RHD countries)

I adjusted mine mine when I brought my car back to the US as to not be an asshole and blind on coming traffic. But with that being said it's shocking to me how many people in the US have clearly illegal lights or aftermarket lights which are definitely blinding oncoming traffic.
Appreciate 0