View Single Post
      04-23-2022, 02:59 PM   #58
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Bumping this in case people haven't see it, get it fresh in their mind that if they need to replace their water pump to refer to these videos. They take you through it step by step and show you the tools needed.

It's a bit of a puzzle, being sure to get things done in the right order. I undid my work a few times to be able to allow things to move around so I could complete a step. It's not a ton of fun but it's do-able.

I took the anti-roll bar totally off, it wans't a big deal. 16 ft-lbs to put the brackets back on and 43 ft-lbs for the endlinks.

My order for putting things back together:

* T-stat goes up first
* Connect small hose on the t-stat that requires the ring clamp (slide the hose on, then rotate it so you're happy with the approximate position of the t-stat itself hanging from it, then tighten)
* Small hose on t-stat that requires the quick clip
* T-stat electrical connector
* Water pump up next
* Hose connecting to top of water pump, coming in to it from the side
* Lower 2 bolts for water pump
* Water pump electrical connector
* Hose connecting t-stat to water pump (it's easily added now, and delaying this allows much more room for the stuff above)
* 3rd / upper bolt for water pump (tons of fun)
* Bolts for t-stat to water pump
* Final hose to t-stat from front of engine, with quick clamp (don't forget this one! Do it last so you can have access to that 3rd water pump bolt).

All told:
* 6 hose connections, 2 with quick clips and 4 with typical ring / hose clamps
* 2 electrical connectors

Make sure to keep a mental tally of the # done and don't forget any.

Doing this sequence should keep you able to see the job the best and not have to undo anything.

Last edited by tracer bullet; 04-24-2022 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0