View Single Post
      03-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #42
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
Since most of us don't recognize this as a universal principle, I assume you are speaking only for yourself. There are advanced driving schools that can help with this problem.
That isn't necessarily a universal principle, but if you look at the logic behind it, it is simply the only way to define too fast for the conditions. If you go 150mph on snow, ice, and black ice and do not get in an accident, than how can you definitively say you were going to fast? That example is extreme, but it illustrates my point that it is just a number someone pulls out of their ass, or it is what they 'think' or 'feel' is too fast. I am sure it is defined as 'what a reasonable person blah blah blah, but that doesn't cut it for me. If the state says 55mph is the limit fine, if they want to post a lower limit with snow or ice on the ground even better, but dont give me some 'too fast for conditions' bs.

I am also against a seat belt law because few have ever flown out a window and killed someone not in the car. A person can flop around all over the inside and kill people if not buckled in, but that was the people in the car's responsibility not the responsibility of the state.

I always wear my seatbelt and advise my passengers to as well, but that doesn't mean it should be a law.