Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 125i

M3 Camber Link spring pad vs Non-M difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Hi all,

Hoping you can you can help me solve a ride height issue I'm having. It varies exactly one inch side to side in the rear, driver side is higher. I just had the full M3 control arm conversion done along with brand new Koni Yellows with the HPA M3 style rears and 1 series specific Eibach lowering springs. Upper shock mounts were replaced with new parts as well. Car drives very nicely.

I jacked the car up and I noticed that the spring pads are pads for a Non-M vehicle. Should these be the M3 spring pads? The better question, will they fit Eibach lowering springs that are designed for the Non-M cars? Now the shop does good work I'm told, and they dealt with me very pleasantly so I think they probably shaved off the parts of the Non-M spring pads to make them flat, but I don't know for sure. Regardless, this is a part I'm suspicious about causing the issue. Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks all!
spring pads are specifics for the 1M/M3 camber arms and you have to use it. i think that they will fit with your eibach springs except if they are race springs with flat ground ends.

By the way that doesn't explain the height difference... but 1" difference is not so excessive and may be acceptable.
Appreciate 1
chris82827.00