07-19-2020, 12:24 PM   #15
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Thank you all for your help. I ended up taking it to my local Indy I've been using for years and they found the issue and fixed the car within a few hours. The left front strut was not installed correctly; it was a quarter turn off and the alignment pin on the Koni was actually bent because of how they installed it. My indy shop straightened out the alignment pin and reinstalled the strut, the car leveled out nicely to within an eight of an inch with a driver in the car. It was no issue at all with the parts in the rear and they checked the rest of the suspension and found no other issues.

So basically the initial install was messed up and as a result I had to also get a complete alignment, whole thing ran about $500. However, I'm not too upset as I have piece of mind that everything is fine.

Really disappointed in shop that did the initial install as I was recommended to them by a friend and have read overall good reviews. I originally called the owner and he was really nice and said they'd look at it no problem. I would have returned to have them fix the issue but it's 2 hours away and that would mean taking a day off work and moving back into manhattan a few days until the car was worked on as they have a 1 day wait policy due to Covid. Would also require substantial Uber costs due to how far away they are. Basically a royal pain in the ass. I'll be calling them this week to explain what they did wrong, hopefully they can educate the mechanic that worked on it, and that's all I can hope for.
Appreciate 3
asbrr544.50
John_01232.00
Suprgnat2317.00