01-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Preliminary overview of the parts, mind you from a max of 25 miles driven.

The car definitely feels planted, hit a couple slight potholes on purpose and there's no bouncing around in the rear any longer. Maybe it's just me, but though the car feels firmer, more planted, there's no significant noise increase or harshness during normal driving. Yes, it's stiffer, so it is "a bit" harsher, but nothing that should stop it from being enjoyable to drive, on the contrary.

Haven't really had a chance to test the Diff out at all, only a couple of corners here and there. The wobble in the rear is gone, mostly due to the bushings and sway bar. The rear end does feel a bit looser as expected, but nothing uncontrollable, there's more slip into the turn, more turn in than wobble or roll. In reality car feels more controllable than before, there's more feedback from the rear. You can just dive the car into a corner, and it points and goes (not so aggressive driving) hard to really put into words.

During stop and go traffic, there is a "thump" noise when shifting to 1st and to 2nd, not so much, at least not noticeable at higher speeds. Not sure if this is the diff, or the tranny mounts or a combination.

Can't wait to get it out there this weekend and really, feel/see what it can do. Though the driver's the limitation, I already spoke to an instructor that wants to drive it. He drove it before all the changes and wants to see what it feels like now.

I will create a new post after the track and have more details than this.