View Single Post
      06-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #5
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Look into how the sway bar and the camber can counter each other, if you're trying to dial out understeer. I've seen folks write that bigger bar up front reduces it, others that it increases it. I don't have an answer but recommend looking into it.

You can also check out your tire wear. If it's fairly even consider sticking with where you are. If the outsides are worn, it's pretty safe to say you could add some camber and not hurt anything.

Tire width is a big factor, if you can fit more rubber up front it might do what you need with that alone. Your toe settings play in a bit as well, depending again on exactly what you want to do (if it's understeer is it at the beginning or end of an autocross turn, a long high speed track corner?). And, for most of us, a little understeer is a safe thing to keep the handling more predictable, so your goals and experience here are a thing as well.

I'll suggest, in case you haven't already, decide what problem you want to solve and why. Then work at it. Something I find myself doing is getting bored, reading a lot, and then modding the car to solve problems I don't honestly actually have. Not always, but it's happened.
Appreciate 0