View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #25
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreester View Post
Was in contact with Öhlins 2 years ago and they told me specific that they did not recommend the BMSMI00 kit for the 1-series. That kit was for the 3-series e90.
First, suspenion is pretty much the same between both cars as is weight and distribution. some slight difference but nothing that necessitates significantly different spring rates Front to rear between the two cars...

Second, every ohlins kit i've ever seen sold for a 1-series has 60/70 rates as stock rates. So part numbers and models aside that is what was being sold. Many sites show that kit as fitting 1-series even if not "officially" to be sold for it. The fitment is the same between them.

There is no reason why a 3-series would need 60/70 N/mm and a 1-series would need 70/120 N/mm except that 60/70 was a bad spring rate to begin with. That is literally 3x stiffer up front and basically stock out back.

I just see Ohlins comments as covering their asses a bit with the whole "oh well that was never meant for the 1-series" excuse.
Appreciate 1
chris82827.00