View Single Post
      11-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #77
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru View Post
The good news is I have learned how to code a little more fun in the drive. On the MK60_87.COA module, it's COA_SDR_CTC or just CTC for cornering traction control. Theres only 2 values for this. Ncsexpert shows wert 01 data 00 selected by default. I decided to add custom data value 01 to see what happens. Well, it basically turns corner traction control off. Going around corners is a lot of fun now. It allows just enough drift before you break to much traction and get into trouble. Nice controlled drifts. The car will hold the drift with braking pressure. If you push the accelerator while in the corner or drift at the limit, the car will stop applying power until your back on a safe path. Everything is happening so fast, you don't really realize to a huge degree that power was gradually reduced to assist with getting out of the corner safely.
If you hold the traction control button down for 5 seconds, on a 135i, all systems like ASC, DSC, TC, and CBC (corner braking control is what it is called on the 1m) are supposed to be defeated. Not sure how "track mode" on the M2 works though...

I am kind of surprised you found a "CTC" function in a different module that still applies some sub-level of intervention. As I posted previously, it doesn't look like the CBC function is even programmed for use in the 135/128i's DSC software (post 57)... CTC might be a sub-function of the ASC function?: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...y_control.html

Maybe you can try experimenting with re-enabling "CTC" and going back to the MK60.COC module and disabling "ASC" there? see how the car drives then? I'd bet with DSC enabled and ASC disabled (via coding) you'd get the same driving experience as you are now with DSC enabled and this "CTC" function disabled...

Quote:
It looks like YarkoDrives pointed out that "Brake Standby (e84_EVB)" is called "Ready Alert Brake (C0F_BB_RAB)" on an E82.
Did you ever code off Brake pre-tensioning when you did your coding? The car literally does pretension the brakes when you lift off the gas quickly...

Also, isn't it common for a rumbling vibration to be caused by a mechanical LSD sometimes? Maybe you're just feeling your LSD at work lol?

Maybe you can get in touch with fe1rx or review his Ohlins suspension thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=177. He used a method to actually graph the intervention of the e-diff. Maybe you could do the same and determine if the brakes truly are being applied? It would be beneficial to everyone to figure out how the modules all play with one another and to have some actual quantitative data to analyse to show the coding is doing what everyone here anticipates it is...

Last edited by bNks334; 11-01-2016 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 1