View Single Post
      04-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #32
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Thank you thank you thank you.

I saw all the warnings and complaints, and calls to cut the tab - but nowhere else did I see the necessity to trim the lower strip or replace the springs with the lighter ones.
My socket set doesn't include a deep 8mm (and none of the deep ones are on 1/4" drive) so I'm really grateful to read that now rather than get the parts, get the carpet off, and figure it out for myself.

No offense, Rockstar - I haven't even found your thread. But will take a look shortly to make sure I didn't miss anything else!

My CHMSL has been cracked down the middle since I bought the car last summer. Out of warranty. I was trying not to worry about it. Yesterday the left half of the lens fell off somewhere between home and the ski shop.

Dealer wants $200 labor to replace, and $150 for the part! But he says if I've replaced a clutch pedal that I'm more than qualified to swap out the brake lamp. So I'll be giving it a go. (NOT buying from him...)

BTW, the "human vice" moves didn't bug me much. The guy using the knife looks like he's done this before and is holding it in such a way that he has very good control over it. If he's trying his darndest not to scratch the soft plastic just fractions of a mm from the blade, the guy holding it a couple feet away is in very little danger. My first thought was - "Nice knife. Wonder what kind it is." Blade shape is similar to the BK16, but so are lots of quality hunting drop-points. The micarta handle makes it look like a pricey fancy jobbie.
Appreciate 1