View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 05:01 PM   #4
arc_resistant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

I'll throw in my 2 cents on EBC blues.

I used them for 3 seasons with good success. They will survive on track and be suitable for some day to day driving.

There are limitations to these pads and I have since switched to Pagid RS29.

1) Make sure you have good brake cooling, the pads will take some heat, but they wear very fast if they get too hot. I took of my splash shields completely, to good effect.

2)They are sensitive to bedding in properly. Follow EBC's procedure carefully.

3)Even with good management, they wear quickly. At stock horsepower levels and with RE-71R tires, I was getting 3-4 days (16-20 sessions) out of them.

4)They have good bite at moderate temperatures, but when really hot it falls off a bit.

5)Really quite good on the street. Takes a little heat in them to get really good bite, but they do work from cold. An occasional squeak, but not like a full track pad.

6)VERY rotor friendly. The pad is definitely the wear item.

So, if you are the kind of person that really doesn't want to change pads and only wants to go out a couple times, then this pad may be for you. The price point is attractive.

If you have greater than stock power levels and/or are running grippy tires that allow you to brake hard/late (high heat/energy input into the pads)
then these are not suitable.

The RS29 is a far superior pad, but then again, it is a true racing product.
Appreciate 0