View Single Post
      04-28-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkuba View Post
Thanks for your response. Is this the same process that was used for 1000+ purchases under the previous rules? Are you saying this will now happen to all orders however big or small from these sellers?

Anyone I can get in touch with?

I'm curious as to why there is a duty payable (5%) on top of GST, when items purchased from e.g. Ali Express are exempt from this, and there is only 10% GST payable.

Either way, if I want to calculate my final value I should be looking at 5% duty (on goods + shipping) then 10% GST (on good + shipping + duty) , then around $95 fixed fee?

eg.
Goods: 500
Shipping: 25
Duty: 525*.05 = 26.25
GST: (525+26.25)*.1 = 55.13
Fees: ~95
TOTAL: 701.38

Is that right? Or is the GST and duty calculation reversed?

The finer points of tax, duty and import charges are best investigated through the relevant government bodies or with your shipper. Second guessing calculations to the exact dollar and cent is frivolous as I find the duty charges vary depending on the purchase.

Best to add 15% to all sizeable purchases including freight, plus admin/customs charges of around $100 dollars to avoid disappointment to the last dollar and cent. Arguments with customs, shippers and freight forwarders, in my experience, are ones you will loose.

Car parts from China should attract GST and Duty. If you have managed not to pay the duty through AliExpress then count it as a bonus. Perhaps they have classified the goods as non-duty items to avoid payments.

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 04-28-2019 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0