View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #20
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
1M conversions are mostly silly...except for a few really good ones I've see by people like Marco in California.

Most of them seem poorly executed and incomplete.

I saw a 135 with a 1M bumper on the street a few months back and it looked pitiful. Dunno why so many 1-series owners ruin their cars.

I LOVE the 128 and 135 and I think people should enjoy them as is. I loved my 135 before I got my 1M.
Personally, if my car is ever totaled either because of vehicle crash, motor blowing or whatever, then I am definetly thinking about 1M-like modifications. For me it wouldn't be too much about copying the 1M, but more about changing the driving experience. I already run 255 width tires square, if I could do that in the front without worrying about rubbing on the fender to front bumper transition that would be awesome.

I probably would also think about engine swap if my engine blew up. I haven't considered what I might try to swap in since I don't want to plan in depth for something I want to avoid but, still open to it as a consideration.

If the 1M didn't exist, would people still try to come up with body kits either for aesthetics or performance reasons? I think so. It just so happens BMW already went through the design effort and created something that most people like.
Appreciate 1
asn993131.00