JCip91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver 135 DCT

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Joe's 135 TiAg Build Thread - Phil

Hey guys I would like you to meet Phil. He is a Titanium Silver 2012 135 with the DCT. I got him after my previous BMW was wrecked. I did not originally want silver as a color or dual clutch as a transmission but at the time all I could find were autos so given the circumstance of my fiance not knowing manual and the rental car contract running out I had to get something. Overall I think the dual clutch is pretty great. I read some things here about it getting jerky after putting on a JB4 and what I have found out is if you drive the car like a manual it really smooths out the ride. Best way I can describe it unfortunately lol

I am making this thread for myself so I maybe be more active in the forums. And I have not seen too many silver build threads but I haven't really looked too hard haha

Also since I am getting married at the end of the year and revamping my father's business this will be a budget-ish build for the most part. I will do my best to put on quality parts but I can't make promises lol. And I am bad at pictures so sorry in advance...and now on to the show.

Here he is at the dealer and when I took her home to my college apartment. I bought the car from the VW/Audi dealer in Hollidaysburg, PA. The salesman was a great guy and the transaction went smoothly even without the check from my previous car.

Specs: Titanium Silver Metallic, 7-speed DCT
  • Black Boston Leather w/ Glacier Silver Aluminum Trim
  • Premium Package 2

The first thing I did was intake ramps. Not really sure if they do anything or not but I was bored and couldn't afford anything real for the car yet. Here are the first version (right) and the current (left).

Next would be some ECS brand gloss black grills. They are different as they are two-piece. They still feel good and can be removed and reinstalled a few times with no problems. Intake ramps painted gloss black to match.

I experimented with the M3 striped but I did not like how they turned out. Ended up removing them shortly after this photo was taken. Just noticed that the right grill was not pushed in all the way...oops

The first real performance part is a BMS intake. Love how it is cheap, simple and, retains the bottom of the intake box to act as a heat shield. And the sound... Excellent packaging too.

Last edited by JCip91; 02-08-2016 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0