Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Glad you are keeping your 1er! The M5 is one heck of a family car, how many children you have? I have 1 baby and the 1er has been doing great as the family car!
Yes, at least for the time being the 1er will be sticking around. So we just had our first child back in March. I certainly give you props for turning the 1er into a family car. We tried it for a few months, and it was tough to say the least. Our Nuna car seat barely fit in the back and it had to be in the passenger side because my seat would be too far forward if we put it behind the driver's seat. This in turn made the front seat semi unusable because of how far forward it sat, so most of the time my wife ended up sitting in the seat behind me with the baby and it just wasn't ideal.

The M5 on the other hand is far better suited for a family obviously. A much larger backseat, a dedicated back door, no need to push the front seats up so far, DCT transmission, and the rear has sunshades on every window.

Having them both at our disposal is the best of both worlds however!
What made you steer towards an M5, especially that gen?
From what the forums provide, it sounds like a reliable car.
Have fun blasting doors off people when you pass them, and be aware that using your signal indicator may cause people out of jealousy to close the gaps you are trying to merge in.

It's the reason BMW drivers don't use their indicators