Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlyne_mr2 View Post
Just finished installing my lux h8 headlights, after about 5 minutes of driving the adaptive headlight warning appears. Any tips?
Happened to me last week. Now my headlights don't seem to be pointing correctly. Very frustrating. You would think they would be able to engineer the resistor within the bulb assembly itself.
These types of LED bulbs do not use resistors. The are actually within the same power range as a typical car headlight. If you used a resistor your headlight would catch fire. The black box also needs to respond to the electrical currents that the bulb check provides properly. The black box has some very complex circuitry in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
UPDATE: Had it checked out professionally. Everything installed correctly. Still having problems with Adaptive Headlamp alert. I'm very disappointed with these LUX H8's. Probably swapping back to OEM as next step.
The lux H8 is actually one of the 2 best if not the best angel eye bulb solution you can buy for BMW's. I have quite litelrally spent about $2000 to purchase every single reputable bulb offered on the market and tested each back to back. I also installed these on a 1M for a friend, if you mount them properly they work 100% fine. They are incredibly easy to instal, about as difficult as changing a tire, if not easier. I would honestly ditch the shop you had instal them and just mess with them yourself, having worked at a lot of shops, it's usually a really bad idea to have them instal a random aftermarket part. Virtually no shops have expertise in aftermarket parts so they are always just guessing about as well as you could.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER

Last edited by Legion5; 12-20-2011 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0