View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #26
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Sure. I got the full pumpkin from synchrotech. You do NOT want to deal with the machining necessary for our welded ring.

MFactory 3.08 Diff in Large casing was $2500 with core I believe. Maybe a bit more, came with paid return shipping label for the stock diff.
Bimmerworld aluminium RSFB $280
YCW Reinforced axles $1000

I also did M3 lower camber links, sourced those from a pick and pull for $80 each
YCW custom valved M3 rear dampers $300ea
HPA custom M3 rear headlight bracket $60

Plus shipping for the random bits, and hardware. Hardware was around $100 total

Make sure you have a diff lockdown of some sort too. Tons available. BMS has a new one that is cheap and looks solid as hell. I have one made by a forum member, been on for probably 2 years and doing fine.

True solid RSFBs have to be pressed in to the subframe, so factor some shop install costs. I had it all done as I'm now working 80hr+ weeks and have zero time to work on my car anymore. Added a solid chunk to the cost of the job.
I don't say this to be a woe is me thing, just don't forget about install costs when tallying for a big job like this.
Would you provide more details about the return shipping for the core? That's pretty good they pay for the shipping of your old core. Who is the shipping company and do you just arrange for a pickup?
Appreciate 0