View Single Post
      04-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #35
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Looking good. I wonder how hard it would be to pull the fog light mesh out and just have it bare. I think it would look better than just having two open holes there.

As for the carbon fiber, I had the same dilemma with my Ducati. The only rear huggers available for my 848 were all carbon fiber. I ended up ordering one and the carbon fiber was certainly beautiful. But I decided to paint over it to match the other black parts of my bike because it would be the only carbon fiber piece on the bike. The painter said a bunch of guys were coming over to him asking why I was painting over such a beautiful carbon fiber piece. He explained to them why and he agreed with my decision.

But here's something that could allow you to have both the carbon fiber and painted tie in with the carbon black. I think it might look cool to have the hood painted except leaving some striping that would be just the naked carbon fiber. Or do it in reverse where most of the hood is carbon fiber and the stripes are carbon black. I think this paint schema would look even better if the roof of the car and the trunk were also carbon fiber with the the schema carried from front to end. But I still think just doing it on the hood would look pretty good. Just a thought.
Appreciate 1
Matticus913474.50