07-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
I think he is referring to the "M Sport Edition" specifically, which they only started offering a couple months ago. (when we originally ordered our car in March, the package was not offered, but I was able to change our order later when the package was released.) These cars are built the same cosmetically as the US "is" models, so they show up in the VIN trackers as being built with the same option codes.

My Canadian "M Sport Edition" The only difference cosmetically is the missing "is" badge. Although, ours comes with Blackline LCI's, which I don't believe the 'is" has. Was even able to order it with the "exclusive" black leather with blue stitching.

I guess so. The Cdn "MSport Special Edition" is only cosmetically like the US 135is. It is not the same mechanically as the Cdn car is the regular N55 motor rated at 300/300. You would have to add PPK1 and PE to make it same as the US 135is. Which, you can do to any 135i with MSport option (as opposed to the "MSport Special", which, as you say, has only been available for a few months in Cdn.

BTW, nice looking car.