Work hard, play harder
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMsport View Post
No, the car has never been involved in a collision. I might have inadvertently referenced the wrong "seal" in my original post. The issue is not with the foam seals behind the taillight assemblies, it is the integrated rubber seals that divert water from the longitudinal trunk lid channels over the top of the taillight assemblies. It is almost as if the seals were improperly manufactured and lacking a small amount of interference fit molded into their shape.

I loosened all mounting nuts this afternoon and confirmed that even maximum available rotation on the Y axis doesn't allow the seals to come even close to seating properly. I took some photos after putting it all back together.

I'm not sure what I could be overlooking. These assemblies really only fit one way, and once install and tighten the nuts while maintaining consistent gaps around the exterior of the taillights, the seals pretty much sit where they are going to sit.
I saw you post this link in the "Blacklines with moisture inside" thread. I saw your post about the fit of these seals earlier and had a look at my original stock seals. Mine look exactly like the photos you posted and I expect they'll look the same after I install my blacklines this weekend.

I think you're absolutely fine - I'm more worried about getting the pressure on the gasket between the light assembly and the car body just right.

Cheers,
Bryan
2011 135i M Sport | COBB V3 AP Stage 1+ | ER FMIC and CP | BMS OCC | Dinan Stage 3 Suspension | Dinan High Performance Bushing Kit | M3 Wishbones | Modified CDV | Clutch Stop | APEX EC-7 Wheels w/ Michelin PSS 235/40R18 265/35R18 Tires | Maddad Street Series Exhaust | BMW Performance Kidney Grills | LCI Blacklines | Armrest Delete | Spoiler Delete | 28% Tint
Appreciate 0