View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 12:23 AM   #65
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Ran Buttonwillow again today, I got more than one session in which is always good. Haha I've run there more this month than my entire track life.... Strange weather out there with the first run temps hovering around 38* which was really odd as even my street tires needed to be warmed up for a lap. Car ran great mechanically but like many on the M3 forum have learned, unbalanced aero is worse than no aero... Few insights / observations below:

I was running consistent 2:02s all day on a OTS 93 Oct map and my rear "APR" wing, I noticed I could power on earlier but my top speeds suffered and my high speed braking was AWFUL with the balance of the car. I pulled the rear wing and ran a 2:00 flat immediately on the Federal RSRR tires, this was the last run of the day (sooo close to 1:59 lol) - Would love to get a balanced aero package on the car as most folks say that it'll drop 2-3 seconds off a 2min lap time (Assuming it's dialed in)

Two other excuses that held me back most of the day.... Someone dialed my RF rebound way up and kept LF rebound as-is which was not helping my understeer or turn in (dick move whoever did this) and I need more rear camber, maxed at 1.5ish...

Next project is a decent front splitter and maybe a small rear wing, regardless - probably going aero-less for now until I can figure out a solution which might be a 1M front-end

I also got a half cage installed in the car for some "safety"
Attached Images

Matticus913469.50