08-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #21
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
TCK SA

TCKline user here. My choices were narrow due to xDrive. TCK is one of the few options for AWD BMWs.

My E91 drove like a Buick (no kidding) on OEM suspension. The feeling was floaty, imprecise, and generally uncontrolled. The Koni yellow-based TCK dampers with revised valve rates really transformed the handling from soccer-mom car to proficient track car.

I can't comment on the other options since I have no first-hand experience with them. If I were in your shoes I would consider the TCK or Ohlins. KWs strike me as being in a different user-group. No flames, simply my personal opinion.

The TCK camber plates are very slightly noisier than stock. I didn't notice them at all after a couple of days. They are not intrusive in any manner, other than giving a wider range of camber options that you will appreciate if you drive in a "spirited" manner.

Consider your intended use for the car. IMO, daily driving is fine on the OEM suspension, if rather Toyota Camry-like. If you drive with 'brio' or track your car, I consider TCK SA or Ohlins as entry-level dampers for this application.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 1