heeblet
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i xDrive F31

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjswarbrick View Post
Picked up "scratch & dent" P/N...282 blacklines on the cheap from ECS.

Noted they were made in Spain.
They looked like this:

Followed a bimmerforums tutorial on taillight restoration, except I used 1200/1500/2000 wet/dry soaked for 1/2hr with a little dish soap, and a drop more soap for lube. Alternating direction with grit of paper and polishes, until I used the DA RO buffer and black pad for Mequiars #7 show car glaze.

Got this:

In certain light, they still had minor scratching, and a little haziness in spots. So I went in by hand, lengthwise only, with 105 ultra-cut, 205 ultra-finish, and again with the #7 show-car.
Happy with the results, I cleaned 'em up real well with Armor-All auto glass cleaner, sprayed with 2 coats Meg's headlight Keep Clear, and let it cure for a day.
Installed, sealed with Meg's Ultimate Liquid, and went for a 500 mile drive.

Added Depo smoked/amber side-markers just to finish it off:

Rear flashers don't seem quite as bright as before, but I love the way they look on my DSB LCI 2012.

Took a bunch more photos (installing), used up over 1GB data uploading to imgur, but they never posted. So I seem unable to share.
HAHA I almost bought those ones you did but didnt' because of the scratches.. Looking great - I should have!

Some major dickhead crunched my right one in my work parking lot.

Instead I bought a fresh pair of 2 from ECS. If anyone needs a Left only light, new in wrap let me know

I have it on eBay too you can probably find it.
Appreciate 2
Dackelone10538.50