Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkBMW View Post
Hey all, I am looking at buying a 2011 135i with just under 80k miles. It's a manual.

My question is this -- assuming it doesn't have much documented maintenance history, what should I budget for immediate "peace of mind" maintenance? I assume I would want to change the brake fluid, manual transmission fluid, not sure what else?

Would it be worth it to go ahead and change the HPFP or water pump at purchase too, and if so how much does that typically cost?

Thanks!
A 2011 will have the N55 engine so the HPFP is not an issue. No need to change it.

I recommend getting a pre-purchase inspection at a good reputable Indy shop. I'd also ask the seller for records or where the work was done. If a dealer did the work you might be able to find out what's been done & when. If you get the car fax it'll let you know where the car has been registered and you can contact the bmw dealers there.

If no records at all then I'd change the oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid and spark plugs. At 80k the transmission & differential fluid are due as well (there is a good DIY on it by user wolfe).

If the water pump hasn't been done I'd consider the water pump & thermostat too. At 80k it's either been done or will be needed. They tend to go at around 60-80k on the 135. If it was done then just coolant flush & fill.

The air filter & cabin filter are both easy and inexpensive. The power steering fluid is easy using the turkey baster method.