View Single Post
      02-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
Garabins
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Bilstein B12 Kit

So after reading countless threads and many forum hours later, I have decided to upgrade this POS oem suspension with the Bilstein B12 kit. Full review coming soon

In the meantime, any input/info/expereince on/with this kit is appreciated. Thank you

Got the kit today, everything looks great and high quality.

03/30/2014 Update

Yesterday was a nice 50 degree day, so my buddies and I decided to have a Sunday Fun day and installed the B12 Kit + New Strut mounts and Spring Pads. We took our time and the install was straight forward. It was not too difficult with the right tools and an impact. The hardest part was trying to spread to strut, but after finding a "wedge" and hammering it in, the struts pulled out easily. The whole install took us about 5 hours, but we really took our time with it and took several beer breaks.

First Impression: Why the fuck didn’t I do this before!! And damn that drop looks good.

The car just feels right, you immediately notice that the car is firmer/planted and connected. It feels like a proper sports car should feel. Its flat/stable over all surfaces (not bouncy), and is about 35% firmer than the OEM suspension, but don’t get me wrong, it does not feel harsh at all. Steering now feels direct and not sloppy like before. It’s more comfortable than the OEM suspension, but firms up when you push it through corners. Body roll is not an issue anymore, and there is no more swaying at high speeds. I’m more than satisfied with this kit.

2010 135i

Last edited by Garabins; 03-31-2014 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: deleted previous thread
Appreciate 0