View Single Post
      12-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #13
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
I like the idea of this, but pulling a very carefully-engineered engine this far out of its intended operating ranges isn't for me (for now). FWIW, my car has 182k miles (23k of which were under my lead foot) and has been performing flawlessly with a totally stock cooling system (other than a water-oil heat exchanger), regardless of whether I'm on a -14*F daily drive, or a 90*F track day. It is amazing how quickly the DME will change the temperatures around based on your 'driving mode', which might be a reason for the absence of the coolant temperature gauge that's been on most BMW's prior.

But seriously, props to you for doing it, though! It's a cool mod that some of the more performance-oriented drivers here may appreciate, and it's from a completely unexpected source lol.

Cooler is usually better, and I'm curious to see how it pans out...